First Job in Internal Medicine

I'm a recent graduate and am about to start working in IM in a few weeks. I'm definitely really nervous, probably more so because it is my first job but also because I'm doing IM! I decided to go with IM when I graduated because it's general medicine and would give you a feel for everything and also because I wasn't sure what I wanted to specialize in. I'm just curious as to how it was like for other people with their first IM job.

Appreciate it. Thank you. :)

Congratulations and welcome to Primary Care. I believe you have made a good choice.

Hopefully your supervisor physician will help you transition into practice, or at least allow you sufficient time with patients for comprehensive exams and evaluations. Do you know how many patients per day you will be required to see? Will you SP be available if you have Q's? What is your background (HCE)? Average age of patients? (teens to Seniors vs only 65 and older) Are you proficient with EKGs? What lab/procedures does your practice do in-house?

IM was not my first job, but it is my current specialty FP/IM. Love it! 

When will you start? I wish you the best.

Archived