RVU/productivity compensation & hourly rate

I am looking to change from emergency med to family practice and had a few questions about pay.  I graduated a year ago and have worked one year in emergency med.  I interviewed with a 6 physician well-off practice 35 minutes from a large city last week & fully expect them to make an offer.  I am not familiar with pay based on a base salary + productivity.  What should I expect is fair if offered this set up?  Also, if offered an hourly rate, what would be the norm for family medicine?  Thank you for any input you may have!

expect to make less money in fp than em, potentially a lot less.

many em positions pay 45-65/hr and max out around 125-130k or so

many fp positions pay 35-45/hr and max out south of 100k.

I hate working on production. you have no idea what your bonuses will be and this is often influenced by factors beyond your control such as patient volume, triage criteria, etc. I much prefer flat rate/hr whether I see zero pts/hr or 6/hr.

I have had bonuses between 200 dollars/quarter and 19k/quarter without any perceived difference to me in effort. bonuses come out of group profit. if the group(read the docs) decide to buy a new 45k u/s machine that comes out of bonuses. if they decide to donate to a hospital building fund that comes out of bonuses, etc.

Archived