Share your unique and interesting PA job experiences (out of the ordinary PA position

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
ive seen some jobs pop up in the Caribbean anyone have any experience or know anyone who has worked beautiful exotic places?

I worked in the Northern Mariana Islands for a year. On the islands of Saipan and Tinian. On Saipan, I worked at the only hospital in the Marianas in the ER. On Tinian there was a small clinic that I went to a dozen or so times. I would be the only medical provider on the island when I went there. It was an awesome experience. They flew me out, paid for my moving expenses and gave housing allowance. They have since suspended moving expenses and while I was there housing allowance was often delayed.

I have a friend who works in the Marshall Islands. He's been there for about a year and likes it. Works on an army base, tax free and with free room and board. They paid for his relocation as well from Saipan.

ive seen some jobs pop up in the Caribbean anyone have any experience or know anyone who has worked beautiful exotic places?

I worked in the Northern Mariana Islands for a year. On the islands of Saipan and Tinian. On Saipan, I worked at the only hospital in the Marianas in the ER. On Tinian there was a small clinic that I went to a dozen or so times. I would be the only medical provider on the island when I went there. It was an awesome experience. They flew me out, paid for my moving expenses and gave housing allowance. They have since suspended moving expenses and while I was there housing allowance was often delayed.

I have a friend who works in the Marshall Islands. He's been there for about a year and likes it. Works on an army base, tax free and with free room and board. They paid for his relocation as well from Saipan.

Remote Medical International is looking for PAs. I have trained with them but never deployed with/for them. They have some interesting contracts (Offshore and Antartica)

Triple Canopy is looking for PAs. I have trained with them and deployed to Iraq for 90 days with/for them in 2005. Pay and support is OUTSTANDING...!

DynCorp is also looking for PAs. I have trained with them and deployed to Afghanistan for 180 days and The Sudan for ~ 400 days with/for them. Pay is outstanding.

YMMV

Contrarian

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

what is medical intelligence??

Mostly Epidemiological stuff monitoring and analyzing health events that could negatively impact populations of interest... such as worldwide infectious disease risks, global environmental health risks. etc.

Medical Intelligence is defined by the Department of Defense as:

That category of
intelligence
resulting from collection, evaluation, analysis, and interpretation of foreign
, bio-scientific, and
environmental
information that is of interest to
strategic planning
and to military medical planning and operations for the conservation of the fighting strength of friendly forces and the formation of assessments of foreign medical capabilities in both
military
and
civilian
sectors. Also called MEDINT.

Remote Medical International is looking for PAs. I have trained with them but never deployed with/for them. They have some interesting contracts (Offshore and Antartica)

Triple Canopy is looking for PAs. I have trained with them and deployed to Iraq for 90 days with/for them in 2005. Pay and support is OUTSTANDING...!

DynCorp is also looking for PAs. I have trained with them and deployed to Afghanistan for 180 days and The Sudan for ~ 400 days with/for them. Pay is outstanding.

YMMV

Contrarian

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

what is medical intelligence??

Mostly Epidemiological stuff monitoring and analyzing health events that could negatively impact populations of interest... such as worldwide infectious disease risks, global environmental health risks. etc.

Medical Intelligence is defined by the Department of Defense as:

That category of
intelligence
resulting from collection, evaluation, analysis, and interpretation of foreign
, bio-scientific, and
environmental
information that is of interest to
strategic planning
and to military medical planning and operations for the conservation of the fighting strength of friendly forces and the formation of assessments of foreign medical capabilities in both
military
and
civilian
sectors. Also called MEDINT.

Archived