Spokane interview 11/16/13

In the week after the interview in September, I often found myself with my fingers on my phone in my pocket, just waiting for it to vibrate, especially as it got closer to the one week mark.  I kept it charged, watched vigilantly for messages.  It was hard to fall asleep because I was so excited.  Seven days after my interview, I got the call.  I was napping, mid-afternoon, because of the week's insomnia.  My advice would be to stay as busy as possible until the call comes.  Nothing you do can control whether or when the call comes.  I'm wishing you all a good week.

I remember last year after I knew others from our interview were getting the call that my phone went off - it showed a restricted number. I got butterflies. I answered... the lady on the other end said "Hi Tracie this is <insert name> from the university of..." You can imagine where my mind was at... then she ended that sentence with "Phoenix"...

I came very close to having a complete break down.... then a few hours later I got the real call :)

I second the advice to stay busy. The refresh button on the threads doesn't make time go by any faster. I second the advice to remember that you're not completely out of the running until you get a rejection letter.

Take care!

Tracie

I got the call today too!!!!!! I had just scrubbed out of a case, and checked my phone to see a voicemail from a Kansas?!? number...lol...the second I heard Tim's voice, I started crying...sooo extremely ecstatic, honored, and humbled to get that amazing call!!! Excited to hear who else got in from our interview group!!! To everyone else, please don't give up!!! Take it from a reapplicant, if you are truly passionate about being a PA, it will happen :) I can't even fall asleep now...lol

CONGRATULATIONS, you guys!! Best feeling in the world, that's for sure.

I was getting off an airplane on my way to another interview when my phone dinged with a voicemail. The second I heard Tim's voice, I started shaking and crying. Pretty sure people thought I was dying.

Looking forward to meeting you in Seattle for the anatomy class!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I have tried searching this forum for housing for Seattle. Any ideas? Also, we would like to rent out two of our rooms for Spokane campus out of town-ers for the duration of the didactic year. We only want to offer this for students of the program (Super creeped out by Craigslist.) Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks everyone!!! I celebrated by eating and shopping my way through Portland this past weekend...lol...probably shouldn't have been spending $, but I figured I had to celebrate a lil bit :) it's back to eating top ramen...well, after the holidays! I'm still crossing my fingers for everyone still waiting to hear back!!! Good luck!!! :)

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year Everyone!!!! Are there any new people who are interviewing on 1/11/2014 in Spokane? A few of us are meeting up for dinner the night before to calm our nerves. :-) If you are interested send me a message or reply to the Spokane meet&greet thread for

1/11/2014. Have an amazing start to 2014!

Archived