Spokane interview 11/16/13

hey everybody.  1st of all, congrats on getting to the interview.  You have already beaten out hundreds and hundreds of other people! My name is Shana and I am a current student in Spokane site.  I am also from Spokane.   I know you all were looking at a place to meet up.  Meeting up the night before is a great way to relieve some stress and get to know some of your future classmates.  Plus, it looks amazing when you can spout off some personal information about someone else if you are lucky enough to get asked "why should they get in?"  in one of your interviews.  I believe they are suggesting some hotels right next to campus so here are my recommendations for where you can meet up that is within walking distance.  Although, it is starting to snow here so you may not want to walk...

-***Luigis Italian Restaurant (italian)

-Azteca (mexican)

-Chilis (a little of everything)

-Zola (Apps, small entrees.  Smaller place, also a cool bar. may be noisy and busy on a Friday night, probably good for 5 people or less.

These are all close and can accommodate larger groups and would be fast.  About 10 of us last year met for dinner and then we all met at the hotel in the morning so we could walk over together as a power group.  

Let me know if you have any questions about Spokane, MEDEX, or anything else.  I will see you at the interview!  Good luck!

~Shana

Shana,

Thanks for all the info! I was just about to post something to see who'd like to meet up, and then I saw your post! Is it snowing a lot there already? I'm not the best driver in the snow :) I'll survive I'm sure though.

To anyone else reading this and interviewing on the 16th, either for the BS or MS program, I'd love to plan a meetup for Friday, the 15th! Let me know!

~Babylyn

HI guys! I would love to meet up as well. Are all of you local, or do we have a lot of out area folks? I would love to suggest Twigs! They have numerous locations (LOVE the Valley location as you don't have to pay to park!) Lets set something up! Another friend of mine is interviewing as well, she isn't on the forum, but you can count us "IN" :) Can't wait to meet you all and get to know my future class mates :)

(Power of positive thinking!!)

Tracey

I am a Spokane native :) Twigs is renowned for its martinis… but they have a wide variety of food ranging from mexican, italian and the likes. They have a nice atmosphere and if we can get a head count, I can reserve us a table maybe a room? I am only familiar with the Valley location, but they have one right in the heart of downtown in River Park Square mall. I would happily pick anyone up or give directions? I really hope we can get more people to come!

Sounds like a great place!  I am driving over with a current MEDEX student (Spokane site, but in her clinical year now), and am sure she'd love to join us as well.  Maybe we should wait till next week to reserve a table?  Give people some more time to reply :)

Perfect!  Did they already have a place/time in mind?  I don't know about you, but I've been getting the butterflies every time I think of next Saturday!!!  Less than a week away!!!  I have a feeling this week's gonna fly by, and I probably won't be able to concentrate at work :)

Hey guys, a few of us have some time and would be willing to meet up tomorrow night after class if you are heading out.  I see you are thinking about Twigs in the valley or the mall? The class is pretty close to the mall and we are trying to maximize our time use, so if you guys did the site by the mall I think a handful of us would be able to make it.  If it's too late or you guys had something else in mind its not a problem, we'll be seeing you in the morning at the selection conference anyways.  Congratulations on your interviews, getting this far is already a huge accomplishment.  You can write me here or send me an email at evanchet@gmail.com, I don't check the forum often but I'll try once more tomorrow afternoon.  

roxygirl, you did awesome in our interview! Stop worrying :) So good to meet you! Good luck and hope we all hear soon!!! I almost freaked out today when my phone vibrated but I was scrubbed in on a case...lol...false alarm tho!

To everyone else I met on Saturday, good luck to you all as well!!! So honored to meet some pretty amazing people!!! It was a long, exhausting, but awesome day...it's out of our hands now :)

Archived