Moreno valley pa program pre req help

HELLO MY NAME IS RICHARD AND I AM LOOKING INTO BECOMING A PA AT RCC PROGRAM NEXT FALL, I NEED A FEW MORE PRE REQS AND AM ALSO WORKING FULL TIME M-F 7-8 EVERYDAY. MY QUESTION IF ANYONE CAN HELP IS THAT WILL MY PRE REQS AT THE FACILITY IM LOOKING AT TRANSFER OVER TO MORENO VALLYS PROGRAM? THE COLLEGE IM LOOKING AT OFFER CLASSES ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAYS AT AN ACCELERATED SCHEDULE

THESE ARE THE PRE REQS AT MORENO VALLEY

• AMY-2A and AMY-2B (Anatomy and Physiology I, II) One-year series, total 8 semester units
  • CHE-2A (Introductory Chemistry I) 4 semester units
  • ENG-1A (English Composition) 4 semester units
  • MAT-35 (Intermediate Algebra) 5 semester units
  • MIC-1 (Microbiology) 4 semester units
  • PHY-10 (Introductory General Physics) 3 semester units
  • PHY-11 (Physics Lab) 1 semester unit
  • PSY-1 (General Psychology) 3 semester units
  • SOC-1 (Introduction to Sociology) 3 semester units OR ANT-2 (Cultural Anthropology) 3 semester units

It is strongly recommended that applicants complete the following additional courses:

• Spanish one-year
  • Statistics (MAT 12)
  • Special topics in English: The Research Paper Process (ENG 90B) or an equivalent
  • Medical Terminology1A and 1B

THESE ARE THE CLASSES THAT ISP-SCU OFFERS

COLLEGE SCIENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR

PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT SCHOOL STUDENTS

Physician Assistant College Course Prerequisites

ISP students get a head start on their new careers as a physician assistant and in the health sciences by completing prerequisite college science classes in an accelerated, weekend-based format. ISP is an academically rigorous program enabling college science courses to be completed in one month versus one semester. ACCELERATED PRE-PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT COURSES

ISP is a trusted academic program. Students seeking to satisfy college science prerequisites for physician assistant programs enroll in ISP's weekend classes every Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am-6:30pm for four consecutive weekends taking one course at a time. For example, it takes just three months to complete college Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2 and college Microbiology.

ISP pre-physician assistant students go on to pursue professional physician assistant programs at colleges and universities regionally and nationally.

PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT SCHOOL TRANSFER CREDITS

The Integrated Science Program is located at Southern California University of Health Sciences (SCU) in Whittier, California. SCU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). ISP students have transferred to physician assistant programs regionally and nationally. Students are encouraged to contact their physician assistant school of choice before enrolling in ISP to assure credit transferability. The academic counselors at SCU can assist ISP students in their efforts to transfer college course credits, if necessary.

TAKE ONLY CLASSES YOU NEED

You build your own schedule of classes and enroll just in courses you need to complete your physician assistant requirements. ISP classes do not require prerequisites.

COLLEGE COURSE OFFERINGS FOR PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT STUDENTS

• General Chemistry 1 - 4 units
  • General Chemistry 2 - 4 units
  • Organic Chemistry 1 - 4 units
  • Organic Chemistry 2 - 4 units
  • Biochemistry - 4 units
  • Anatomy & Physiology 1 - 4 units
  • Anatomy & Physiology 2 - 4 units
  • Microbiology - 4 units

OTHER COLLEGE COURSE OFFERINGS

Other ISP classes include Biology 1 & 2, Physics 1 & 2.

ISP is legit. Take it. I know people who did and are current RCC PA students. I went there and a few others at my program at Touro NV. I also know people who went there with me that are attending at Western U, Loma Linda, SMU, Touro CA and some other out of state schools.

I do however recommend you take a few classes at RCC to help increase your chances of getting in there. Doesn't matter which class it is really but at least be an enrolled student with a transcript from RCC.

• 2 months later...

Archived