Campbell University Interviews 2013-2014 Application Cycle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAapplicant- None of the other schools I applied to have started extending offers yet- but I'm excited to interview at Campbell!

Afh06- I submitted my CASPA 05/23 and submitted my supplemental 06/15 got an email saying my application was complete 07/10

• 3 weeks later...

I applied to the dual degree program. I'm not sure if my stats portray why I got invited for an interview so I'll give you some background too. Best of luck! I am a re-applicant and I applied very broadly and so far have received 3 interview offers.

Undergrad GPA: 3.4

Post-Grad GPA: 4.0

GRE: Verbal 158

Quantitative 165

Writing 4.5

Work Experience: 3+ years of working in primary care research in the fields of smoking cessation, hypertension, and obesity. Recently started working in public health oriented research working on the implementation of a CHD risk calculator and prevention program into the EHR. 1000+ hours of experience working as a optometrist assistant.

Volunteer Experience: Science Outreach Coordinator (Alpha Chi Sigma) for 2 years - mainly organized and orchestrated community events intended to get kids and teens interested in science and medicine. Hospital Volunteer working with smoking cessation program for 6 months. Currently volunteer for a community run outreach organization intended to help obese children stay active and teach good lifestyle and nutrition habits.

Certifications: BLS, CNA, CPR

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! As people get in/decide on Campbell, you guys should join our Facebook group! There are 9 of us who are doing the dual program this year, so we will be in the class of 2016!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/458968447543739?view=group&ref=bookmark&__user=20001298

If the link doesn't work, search Campbell PA class of 2016 and it should come up! Good luck to everyone interviewing!

Hey everyone! I got an email last sunday saying I got offered an interview this wednesday. Considering I live 20 hours away this last week has been quite overwhelming and I have not had a lot of time to prepare. I am leaving tomorrow for the long car ride. I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the interview was like. This is my first one so I am very nervous but want this more than anything. If anyone has any suggestions or would be willing to tell me what it was like I would greatly appreciate it! I hope I can join you all as part of the class of 2016! =)

ahemmen07,

The interview at Campbell is very relaxed.  First, you will have an introduction session with some of the faculty and they will give you an overview of the program.  Next, you will also have a Q and A session with first and second year students.  Make sure you ask all the questions you have because they are more than willing to answer them all.  Then, you will take a tour of the brand new facility that we will use for the didactic year.  Finally, you will have your interview.  There isn't any reason to be nervous.  The faculty make the environment very inviting and comfortable.  Be yourself and have a nice conversation with your interviewers.  They didn't seem out to drill you, but to find out who you are and also for you to find out if this is the right program for you.  Drive safely and good luck!

I am interviewing Nov 6th, yay! I have another interview on Dec 5th....if I am accepted to Campbell how long do they give you to provide a yes/no?

I am interviewing on Nov 6th as well! I wonder how many other people will be there. I'm super excited! See you there and good luck!

I am interviewing on Nov 6th as well! I wonder how many other people will be there. I'm super excited! See you there and good luck!

I have applied to Campbell as well. Just curious when you completed the Campbell application (CASPA and supplemental). They sent me an e-mail on 9/24 saying it was completed but haven't received an e-mail or letter. Thanks!

I am interviewing Nov 6th, yay! I have another interview on Dec 5th....if I am accepted to Campbell how long do they give you to provide a yes/no?

I have applied to Campbell as well. Just curious when you completed the Campbell application (CASPA and supplemental). They sent me an e-mail on 9/24 saying it was completed but haven't received an e-mail or letter. Thanks

Archived