Medical Terminology Course

My school didn't require a medical terminology course but they administered an exam the first week of school in the summer. If you didn't get a certain score you couldn't continue on in the program. To be fair... I asked and was told no one had ever failed. My point stands though: you'll be expected to understand medical terminology regardless of pre-requisites.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never taken an actual medical terminology course outside of what was taught in Corps school, but I'd imagine it would really only help if: 1)You haven't taken an A&P class and 2)If you've never written a SOAP note/patient chart on paper. Unless it was required for a program, I would much rather spend my time on something like online Pharm.

We had one the first week of class. It was the easiest thing we did all year. They had a 1 hour review jeopardy game that was more of a get to know you thing than anything else. Spent possibly 2 hours studying? I cannot imagine a full 3 hour college course to memorize some root words........

Archived