A couple of Quick Questions

Just a couple of quick questions. I need opinions on how others would use these in the personal statement.1. I am using a short quote from a patient. I have changed the name in my PS to Mr. Smith, but I am curious if I should indicate at the bottom of the essay with an asterisk that the patient's name was changed. I don't want adcoms to get the impression that I do not understand the importance of patient confidentiality. Although, 'Mr. Smith' is pretty generic, so maybe I am just overthinking this.... 2. Is it appropriate to use the abbreviation CNA, since everyone knows what it is? Or should I do the same as with PA--spell out the entire phrase the first time, and then use 'PA' going forward? I just think it sounds awkward to say "It was my first day on the job as a Certified Nurse Assistant.." or, "It was my first day on the job as a Nurse Aide..." and etc. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!! :-)

I would say "Mr. Patient" it is very clear that you changed it and there is not need for further clarification. I would also abbreviate CNA. Do not see that harm in that, plus it saves characters!!!! ....I abbreviated every time is said "PA" in my statement. Hope this helps!

Archived