CASPA 2013-2014 Wake Forest

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did anyone hear anything from the November interviews?

I was in the first November interview and I have not heard anything yet. I really hope to hear good news soon! Good luck everyone!

Hey guys! I interviewed yesterday and some of us were wondering when we could expect to hear back.  We were told that they would be reviewing our group and all of the interviewees from November within the next week or so.  With the holidays coming up, it may be longer.  Hopefully we will all receive good news :)  Best of luck!

I interviewed in October and was just accepted to the Boone campus!!! Anyone else headed to Boone?

I am!! Got the call Thursday night! :) SO EXCITED!

I also got a call on Thursday night (12/12) accepting me to the Boone program.  I'm excited to meet you!  Should we start a separate forum to discuss Boone related stuff?

To all those who have not heard yet, I know the waiting is brutal.  Hang in there.  Good luck to you all and I hope you hear something soon.

I also got a call on Thursday night (12/12) accepting me to the Boone program.  I'm excited to meet you!  Should we start a separate forum to discuss Boone related stuff?

To all those who have not heard yet, I know the waiting is brutal.  Hang in there.  Good luck to you all and I hope you hear something soon.

I was also accepted to the Boone campus on 12/12. I agree with bklitsch and think we should start a forum to discuss Boone. 

Congratulations to all those accepted!! Did anyone from the December interview group hear back yet, I know we havent been waiting as long as others, but I wanted to know if anyhone knew if we would be hearing this year or after the new year lol, the waiting is excrutiating.....

I was just invited for an interview this morning, but I declined b/c I already accepted a seat at my #1 choice. I hope this opens up an opportunity for another applicant, good luck! Ironically, I was visiting the campus a couple days ago on a roadtrip with my boyfriend! It is a beautiful school!

I have an interview scheduled for January 29th! Anyone else interviewing that day? For those who have already interviewed, could you please give some information about the interview process? Just curious, has anyone been accepted to the dual degree program?

Hi Amina, 

I interviewed in October and already accepted a seat in the class of 2016. So excited! The interviews are really very pleasant at Wake. In the morning there is an information session about the school, didactic and rotation years, and financial aid and you get to observe a problem based learning session. Then you get to eat lunch with the current 1st year students and participate in student-led session about the school. And in the afternoon you experience the problem based learning exercise (they really want to make sure you understand the learning process at Wake and like it), interview with two members of the faculty, and have a team building exercise. Everybody is super nice and supportive throughout the whole process. Just be yourself and try not to stress so much (I know: easier said than done, but try your best). Hope this helps!

And what dual degree program are you referring to? I am not aware of any dual degree program being available to PA students at Wake right now (everybody gets PA/MMS). 

Hi Amina, 

I interviewed in October and already accepted a seat in the class of 2016. So excited! The interviews are really very pleasant at Wake. In the morning there is an information session about the school, didactic and rotation years, and financial aid and you get to observe a problem based learning session. Then you get to eat lunch with the current 1st year students and participate in student-led session about the school. And in the afternoon you experience the problem based learning exercise (they really want to make sure you understand the learning process at Wake and like it), interview with two members of the faculty, and have a team building exercise. Everybody is super nice and supportive throughout the whole process. Just be yourself and try not to stress so much (I know: easier said than done, but try your best). Hope this helps!

And what dual degree program are you referring to? I am not aware of any dual degree program being available to PA students at Wake right now (everybody gets PA/MMS). 

Hi szczotka,

Thanks for the reply and congrats on your acceptance! They have a dual MMS / PHD program that I was unaware of until I completed their supplemental application.

If you don't mind, would share the types of questions you were asked? How long did it take to hear back after the interview? Did you send a thank you letter?

Hi szczotka,

Thanks for the reply and congrats on your acceptance! They have a dual MMS / PHD program that I was unaware of until I completed their supplemental application.

If you don't mind, would share the types of questions you were asked? How long did it take to hear back after the interview? Did you send a thank you letter?

During the interview they mentioned that the dual program is in the works, I don't think it is completed and open for admissions yet (this is info as of October). 

The questions pretty much followed everything that is already out there in PA interview prep books and websites. Nothing tricky or unusual: really don't worry about it so much. The faculty just want to get to know you and make sure you like the PBL. Just be yourself and be honest. I was lucky to get a call from the admissions director within 6 days of the interview and that was followed by a letter about a week later. I did send a thank you note. Good luck!

Archived