SJVC c/o 2013 applicants FYI

Good evening. On behalf of the program I thank all participants in the 2011 admission cycle for their interest in the program. The primary class and alternates have been selected and notified by phone. It was a very difficult process due to issues discussed. Unfortunately, there are a lot of great candidates that we could not offer a position. I am sorry. We interviewed 7 applicants for each seat. It was competitive to say the least.

Within the next week all letters go out. If anyone is interested in discussing their application there are a couple of ways to do it. Applicants may write the program concerning their application and we will respond. We will need names and SS# in the letters. I have spoken to some already about what the ADCOM recommends to strengthen their application. Do not send SS# over the forum. Next week applicants may start calling the program to set up appointments with Monica or myself. Fridays are the best days for us to conduct these appointments.

Again, thank you for your interest in the SJVC PA program. I thank everyone for their comments and really appreciate the kind words of support expressed on this thread. I won't post here again. Elvis has left the building.

Good luck in your future PA endeavors,

LesH

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi Aaron, I spoke to Monica about the ranking system and she said the reason they did not rank the people on the alternate list is because each applicant is really competitive and by using points to calculate the ranking would not be a good way since all applicants are so close in terms of experience. (It would mean they would have to add up all the healthcare hours of each applicant and that nonsense). So, I'm not exactly sure how they would choose applicants from the alternate list, but that's the reason there's no ranking. Anyways, best of luck.

Hi Les,

I was curious as to why it does not matter where one ranks on the alternate list.

Aaron

Preferences are given to applicants (or alternates) that demonstrate potential to practice primary care in rural medically underserved areas of the Central Valley. Alternates from the Central Valley, primary care healthcare experience, amount of healthcare experiences are things considered in selecting alternates.

LesH

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived