• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Researcher01

Researcher01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

I was put on the waitlist back in November and paid the deposit because I did not have any other interviews lined up. Since I have been accepted elsewhere and really wish I could get that deposit back. I emailed them to see if they have any sort of rankings for the waitlist to get an idea if I would be accepted or not. They said they had not yet discussed a ranking. I asked how/when we could expect to hear from them if we weren't accepted and received this reply:

"As the letter stated we may not know the final outcome of drawing from the waitlist until late summer. If we can't offer you a spot we will refund the money However, if you withdraw from the waitlist our policy is not to refund the money."

I then asked if there were any exceptions made to be refunded the deposit for extenuating circumstances and received no reply. Now I am left hoping that I don't get accepted off the waitlist, but I can't withdraw or else I for sure lose my money. I am trying to think of a way of making them not want to accept me without actually withdrawing. Any ideas?

• fluidworks likes this

#62 piggiesmalls

piggiesmalls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

How were your interviews guys? What really impressed you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#63 fluidworks

fluidworks

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

Reasercher01 I think you're stuck here. It's unfortunate that this program of all others requires a deposit to just be on a waitlist but I don't know what else can be done here. Signing that agreement left you on the hook. While expensive, 1,000 is very little in the grand scheme of your schooling.

#64 Ledang

Ledang

Registered

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

Hey guys,

So I received an interview invite this past week, but by the time I could get around to registering for the date, all the spots were already filled up and there were no other dates available. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Will there be more dates in the future or did I just miss my chance? I tried calling their office, but haven't gotten a response yet...

• piggiesmalls likes this

#65 piggiesmalls

piggiesmalls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:55 AM

Hey guys,

So I received an interview invite this past week, but by the time I could get around to registering for the date, all the spots were already filled up and there were no other dates available. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Will there be more dates in the future or did I just miss my chance? I tried calling their office, but haven't gotten a response yet...

Same here e-mailed them but no response yet. I hear 3/3 is the last interview date...?

#66 Ledang

Ledang

Registered

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:36 PM

Same here e-mailed them but no response yet. I hear 3/3 is the last interview date...?

So I checked their admissions page and it looks like interviews are supposed to be conducted from November to May. Also, it wouldn't make much sense for the last interview date to be 03/03 when the deadline is 03/01...right?? rightt?? At least that's what I'm hoping for...Good luck to us both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users