I was put on the waitlist back in November and paid the deposit because I did not have any other interviews lined up. Since I have been accepted elsewhere and really wish I could get that deposit back. I emailed them to see if they have any sort of rankings for the waitlist to get an idea if I would be accepted or not. They said they had not yet discussed a ranking. I asked how/when we could expect to hear from them if we weren't accepted and received this reply:
"As the letter stated we may not know the final outcome of drawing from the waitlist until late summer. If we can't offer you a spot we will refund the money However, if you withdraw from the waitlist our policy is not to refund the money."
I then asked if there were any exceptions made to be refunded the deposit for extenuating circumstances and received no reply. Now I am left hoping that I don't get accepted off the waitlist, but I can't withdraw or else I for sure lose my money. I am trying to think of a way of making them not want to accept me without actually withdrawing. Any ideas?