Scheduled to interview tomorrow.  Any word as to the weather situation and the probability of them canceling?  The email said to call after 6 AM tomorrow to find out if the campus is closed, but for those of us from out of town, that isn't the most ideal situation. Anyone have anything?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunshine06 do you mind sharing ur stats...I have tons of healthcare experience over 4 yrs working in a health clinic and not much shadowing though, but I did work with NP's MD and DOs....mine are on the lower end I guess....Science 3.30 Overall 3.44 and grad 3.57...

... I think my persoanl statement was pretty decent.... This is my first time applying ....Guess all those 4.0ers took all the slots..but I've seen people posting lower GPA's saying they got in...so..maybe we still have a chance..

My stats are:

Science GPA 3.20

Overall GPA  3.30

Healthcare experience includes 2 years Registered Nurse, 3 years health unit coordinator, 20 hours PA shadowing, 300 hours community service (volunteer)...several awards and honors along with other health related training. 

This is also my first year applying also. 

Thanks, have you considered NP school....? Not to deter u or anything....since ur a RN....my sister is a NP.....and the money is about the same..she seems to love it and would think its less competition to get in....

I thought about it tooo, but id have to go to nursing school then gather experience and then apply to the msn program...so PA school is more ideal...

Hi,

This is the latest message I received from PCOM after enquiring about interview process on Jan 29, 2014 "Thank you for your email.  The Faculty Committee on Admissions will email you if selected for an interview.  Thank you for your patience as we have received over 2,400 applications for review."

Oct 30, 2013 - received email stating supplemental application received and my folder is complete ready for review.

I followed up with enquiries on 11/22, 1/21 and the above message is what I have received.  Really, patience is a virtue and I am cultivating it.  I had a interview with a school in Fl and never heard back either way.  I am quite disappointed with their approach but again, PCOM is great school and hope I get interview and acceptance.  I still have 4 schools waiting for interviews so hope is not lost.  Keep the faith all!

I haven’t heard anything back from PCOM for about 4 months now. Does anyone know if their still holding interviews or if the class is already filled?

I think they are doing interviews until end of Feb. I'm not sure. Good luck though :) you can always call them and ask about the status on your application.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they are doing interviews until end of Feb. I'm not sure. Good luck though :) you can always call them and ask about the status on your application.

Their reply will be....if you are invited to be interveiwed they will email you!....they do not give out any info.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist?

Also after an interview, do some people get rejected? or are the only options accepted vs waitlisted?

Nope, I'm on the wait list and haven't heard anything. 

And they told us that you can be accepted, rejected, or wait listed after the interview.

Archived