Personal Statement Re-use

Can you re-use your personal statement from the prior application cycle or do you have to change it?

Hi wesr_gordon,

I think it's ok to use parts of a prior statement but would suggest discussing what you've done sine then. In other words, what have you done to strengthen your application? The admissions committee will want to know.

I got interviews at a few but all were cancelled because of full classes. The feed back from the schools that said no when I followed up later were lack of healthcare experience. Talking to PA's that I knew, they said the personal statement was phenomenal.

So you all think that I should make it about how my application is different this time around even if I don't apply to the same schools?

Like everyone else who reads posts from strangers, we have only your post to go on. We don't know anything else about you. My thought was that you have lived probably another 5 percent of your life or so since you wrote your statement and that maybe you've learned something new in that time that you would like to include. What you do is up to you. Good luck.

Archived