LOR 2 PAs & 1 MD or 1 PA & 2 MDs

I work for a clinic that allows me to work closely with 10 different MDs and 2 PAs. I was wondering everyone's opinion on what would sound better for PA school having 2 PAs & 1 MD or 1 PA & 2 MDs as references?

I go back and forth on this. My thinking is: I'm applying to PA school, not med schoo. But my other thinking is: PAs are under MDs therefore it is kind of like their "boss" in sort of a way.

What does everyone think???

It would probably be best not to get all 3 of your letters from the same place where you work. Its likely that they will all have similar things to say about you, unless you work with each of them in different capacities. If you do work with them in similar capacities, I would just get one letter from a PA who you work with. I would definitely try to have at least one letter from a professor or someone who can speak to your academic prowess. The third letter I would ask someone from a volunteer experience, prior job, etc. That being said, you want the three strongest letters possible, so if you do not know anyone else who you think would write you a strong letter outside of these people, then that's who you would have to go with and hope for the best.

Archived