Is this possible?

Depends, do you have any of the classes already done? That will help a lot. A lot of schools want 120 credits to get a bs. They also want other classes like humanities and a couple english courses just to round you out. So if you've done any of those it is pretty feasible. If you haven't you'd have to average 20 credits a semester, which would absolutely stink. The most I did was 19 with a part time job and I had very little free time. The labs and whatever will chew up a ton of time. Can I ask why?

Depends, do you have any of the classes already done? That will help a lot. A lot of schools want 120 credits to get a bs. They also want other classes like humanities and a couple english courses just to round you out. So if you've done any of those it is pretty feasible. If you haven't you'd have to average 20 credits a semester, which would absolutely stink. The most I did was 19 with a part time job and I had very little free time. The labs and whatever will chew up a ton of time. Can I ask why?

I am already a PA. I have a bachelor's degree and a masters in oceanography. My second masters is in physician assistant studies. I am tutoring a student that is interested in doing a physics degree in 3 years. He is not being tutored in physics; he is having trouble with organic chemistry.

My daughter is in a 3+2 PA program -- BS in 3 years and MS in 2 more years. Most students there take about 19 credits per semester to get it done in 3 years -- they don't have a choice -- it MUST be done in that time period or they're out. It's not easy. My daughter had 8 AP classes coming in so she has a much easier load at 13-15 credits per semester.

If they can get what is basically a pre-med BS in 3 years, the same is feasible for a BS in physics -- especially if they have lots of AP credits.

I only know of one person who got a waiver to go over 20 credits. She did not do very well in any of the classes because she had no time to focus on them. I agree that it can be done, but don't risk taking too many credits while taking science courses. I would tell him that if likes physics and understands it he should go that route to get it done in three years (shorter labs.. No organic to struggle with )

It is definitely possible. I'm graduating in 4 days with a bs in biology. I was in undergrad for 3 years and I'm going to PA school starting this July. I took two summer semesters and had 15 AP credits from high school. It wasn't easy, I had a part time job and had to get all hce in a very short amount of time. It can foresure be done if you really want it. I am definitely not the norm (I am probably one of the youngest in my pa school class-- When i got accepted I couldn't even drink to celebrate;))

Coconutislandpa: us history; English literature; English language; and psychology

winterallsummer: I actually worked 2 part time jobs at the same time (not sure if that equals a full time job) and I only did that cause I had to find some way to pay for college. Though i Had a nice scholarship. But it really is not for most people,I admit, the sciences I guess r just my kinda thing(applied with a 3.9 gpa)

Archived