Question Regarding GRE and admissions

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding the GRE and admissions. I have taken the GRE twice now. My first scores were my best with a 292 cumulative, 148 verbal and 144 quantitative and a 4 on the writing. My second scores were not good as there were life things going on and I didn't perform my best. I went to take it for a third time today and long story short I had to forfeit my seat. I am wondering if I should wait til June to take it for the third time, hoping for at least a 300 cumulative, or submit my CASPA the first week of June like I was hoping. I'm very concerned with the rolling admissions, but I was hoping for a better GRE score since my GPA isn't as high as I would like it.

I'll give you all my stats

cGPA: 3.2

sGPA: 2.9

HCE: 253 hrs (including my STNA work, shadowing, and volunteer work at a hospital. I'm currently doing STNA work so this is increasing through the summer)

GRE: 292 ?

144 Q

148 V

Should I leave it with the 292 or hold applications and take it one more time?

I know I don't look great on paper, I came to the PA profession late in my undergrad as I changed my major a lot, but I am very determined and dedicated to get in and just would like to know opinions. Thanks!

Check the schools you're interested in first! Most schools that do require GRE just need the scores sent to them, but some schools require it to be on your CASPA application in order to be considered. So just make sure to look that up for your schools!

I think you should work on other parts of your application first, including getting many more hours (I'm not sure that any of the hours you have listed count as direct patient experience other than the STNA - assuming that means state tested and not student) and improving your science GPA. Those tend to be more important at most places than the GRE, and there are places you can apply where the GRE is not required.

Archived