PA schools that don't require all the pre-reqs to be completed before you apply?

I am trying to find PA programs that allow an applicant to have pre-reqs in progress after the CASPA is submitted. Lots of programs want them all completed when the CASPA is submitted, others want them completed by Dec 31st of the year BEFORE you matriculate. I have only been able to find four programs that allow it so far. Idaho State, AT Still, University of Nebraska Omaha, and Rosalind Franklin U (Chicago). These programs allow pre-reqs to be in progress, but require them to be passed with a C or better before you matriculate into the program. In other words, if you get accepted, it will be contingent on you passing the remaining pre-reqs. Does anybody know of any other programs that fit into this unusual niche?

I went to Marietta and applied (and was accepted) at two other schools that also allowed your prereqs to be in progress, as long as they were successfully completed by the start of your first term in the PA program. As I remember, I listed the course in CASPA and somehow indicated when I was scheduled to take them (the last few finished in March, before I started in June, and well after the October CASPA date.) As part of the face-to-face interview with the program director, we went over the classes and when I was going to finish them.

A great many people apply to PA programs in their senior years in college and having work in progress is not a particularly unique situation. Good luck!

I am trying to find PA programs that allow an applicant to have pre-reqs in progress after the CASPA is submitted. Lots of programs want them all completed when the CASPA is submitted, others want them completed by Dec 31st of the year BEFORE you matriculate. I have only been able to find four programs that allow it so far. Idaho State, AT Still, University of Nebraska Omaha, and Rosalind Franklin U (Chicago). These programs allow pre-reqs to be in progress, but require them to be passed with a C or better before you matriculate into the program. In other words, if you get accepted, it will be contingent on you passing the remaining pre-reqs. Does anybody know of any other programs that fit into this unusual niche?

I applied and got in to Rush in Chicago with 1 prereq in progress (in Fall when submitted CASPA - Biochem), and one finished just now in Spring (Microbio).

Archived