Thinking WAY Ahead

So, I know I'm definitely getting ahead of myself here, but as I prepare to start PA school, I'm also thinking in the extreme long term, and I think that, eventually, I would like to settle into a teaching position.

I assume I'd need a doctorate of some description to make that possible, but does anyone have some knowledge of what degree(s?) would most benefit me to that end? I'm not in any sort of hurry about it, I'm just mulling it over.

I appreciate any wisdom offered on the subject.

teaching undergrads or in a graduate PA program does not require a doctorate. For both, it's possible to teach with a masters. In a traditional university, your rank and pay goes up if you have a doctorate and pursue a tenured track. Most PA faculty only have a master's degree.

Make sure to attend a masters program. May need doctoral credentials at some point esp for an advanced position. With the enormous volume of low quality schools creating a schools I foresee a lot of pa educator jobs you probably would not want and a lot of unqualified pas on the horizon. Just looked at some pa educator openings. It's scary

Archived