Pending GRE

I would like to send my app in the next two weeks. However I haven't taken the gre yet. I know I can ask programs but in general does anyone know what % of east coast programs require you to self report your gre? It says in CASPA some schools require it before e-submitting or you will get an automatic rejection.

i took a practice gre 3 weeks ago and got a 311 151 verb 160 quant. Without studying to judge how much I need to study. So I want to give myself another 4 weeks in increase verbal and quant. But want to send my CASPA now for rolling admission.

I would like to send my app in the next two weeks. However I haven't taken the gre yet. I know I can ask programs but in general does anyone know what % of east coast programs require you to self report your gre? It says in CASPA some schools require it before e-submitting or you will get an automatic rejection.

i took a practice gre 3 weeks ago and got a 311 151 verb 160 quant. Without studying to judge how much I need to study. So I want to give myself another 4 weeks in increase verbal and quant. But want to send my CASPA now for rolling admission.

While many schools use CASPA, they have their own unique requirements, including what needs to be in with your initial application. It's been several years now but, when I applied to my schools, different things needed to be done at different times: (Time is nature's way of not letting everything happen at once)

There was a closing date for the school's applications, by which time CASPA and GRE had to be done and available to the school. This included transcripts of what was completed thus far, letters of recommendation, health care experience, shadowing time, essays, etc.

Then there was a later date for school-specific stuff (supplemental applications to the specific school).

At the actual interview, it was established that you would finish any remaining prerequisites by the first day of PA classes. Most of us were in our final semester/quarter taking prerequisites. I had three to finish during that last quarter.

Somehow it all works out. Just make sure you know the SPECIFIC rules of the schools you will be applying to. Unlike med school, they are all different.

Good luck!

Archived