So Cal Schools for Prereqs

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I was wondering if anyone here in the socal region (more specifically la county) is currently taking prereqs for pa school. I was wondering were you guys are getting your classes and if any of you have had issues getting the classes you need? I probably wont start until this coming spring term but I just want to know how everyone is approaching getting their prereqs done. Thanks!

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I was wondering if anyone here in the socal region (more specifically la county) is currently taking prereqs for pa school. I was wondering were you guys are getting your classes and if any of you have had issues getting the classes you need? I probably wont start until this coming spring term but I just want to know how everyone is approaching getting their prereqs done. Thanks!

I did most of my prereqs at my University but still needed a few more prereqs for PA school (anatomy/sociology, etc) What I did was I applied to as many community colleges around my area. For me, anatomy was the toughest to get into as a student already with a degree, hence I applied to a bunch of CCs. I got lucky and finally got into an A&P course but it required 2 semesters to complete. I will be done by the end of this year. It really depends on the popularity of the courses you need. But science courses especially could be difficult to get into as a new/college graduate at a community college. You can also take some courses online at a community college too if your program accepts them. Just do some research before taking them.

I did most of my prereqs at my University but still needed a few more prereqs for PA school (anatomy/sociology, etc) What I did was I applied to as many community colleges around my area. For me, anatomy was the toughest to get into as a student already with a degree, hence I applied to a bunch of CCs. I got lucky and finally got into an A&P course but it required 2 semesters to complete. I will be done by the end of this year. It really depends on the popularity of the courses you need. But science courses especially could be difficult to get into as a new/college graduate at a community college. You can also take some courses online at a community college too if your program accepts them. Just do some research before taking them.

I'm taking the rest of mine at UCLA extension!!

Also highly recommended!! LOL. I've taken classes at a bunch of different colleges in the area. I took anatomy and physiology at Glendale Community College, but I was only able to get in because I had priority registration from fire academy. Otherwise, it would have been the wait list for me.

UCLA Extension is great, and so is ISP, because both of them are a little more expensive, and thus, your "competition" is more serious about keeping the class and not dropping halfway through the semester (I see it all the time, and its tragedy. You have somebody fighting for a spot in the class, and they don't get it, and halfway through the semester, half the class drops).

Also highly recommended!! LOL. I've taken classes at a bunch of different colleges in the area. I took anatomy and physiology at Glendale Community College, but I was only able to get in because I had priority registration from fire academy. Otherwise, it would have been the wait list for me.

UCLA Extension is great, and so is ISP, because both of them are a little more expensive, and thus, your "competition" is more serious about keeping the class and not dropping halfway through the semester (I see it all the time, and its tragedy. You have somebody fighting for a spot in the class, and they don't get it, and halfway through the semester, half the class drops).

ktcan10, any specific courses at UCLA extension and/or professors that you recommend? (i.e. this does not mean "easy" ahah). Any recommendations would be great. I'm signed up for Immunology this summer with Jack Haas but still need Biochem, Micro and maybe an additional science class or two.

ktcan10, any specific courses at UCLA extension and/or professors that you recommend? (i.e. this does not mean "easy" ahah). Any recommendations would be great. I'm signed up for Immunology this summer with Jack Haas but still need Biochem, Micro and maybe an additional science class or two.

The biochem and micro professors at ISP also teach those classes at UCLA. Just a FYI. The ISP classes are 4 weekends long and go from 8am to 6pm. Look at the calendar because I think micro is taught every other month and biochem is taught once every four months.

The biochem and micro professors at ISP also teach those classes at UCLA. Just a FYI. The ISP classes are 4 weekends long and go from 8am to 6pm. Look at the calendar because I think micro is taught every other month and biochem is taught once every four months.

I took Biology at UCLA Extension, and it was very comprehensive and well taught. I can't remember the name of my professor. I also take online Spanish at UCLA Extension, and I took Introduction to College Chemistry (I'm sort of a chemistry dummy) with Professor Muriel Waugh, and she was AMAZING.

But like Timon said, many of the same professors cross-teach places, and ISP is an excellent way to bang out A LOT of science classes in a compressed schedule. Very doable. I've taken microbiology there, and it was awesome.

Archived