USPSTF - all 15-65 y/o should be screened for HIV

not sure why this is a shocker. an antibody test for HIV is pretty inexpensive. perhaps 1.2 million people live with this condition in the United States ... just a bit under Hepatitis C. I offer the antibody test to anyone that is sexually active (in fact NY state requires it be offered in certain settings) even if they are not in the typical demographics. Routine screening also creates a normalcy about the illness and serves other purposes.

not sure why this is a shocker. an antibody test for HIV is pretty inexpensive. perhaps 1.2 million people live with this condition in the United States ... just a bit under Hepatitis C. I offer the antibody test to anyone that is sexually active (in fact NY state requires it be offered in certain settings) even if they are not in the typical demographics. Routine screening also creates a normalcy about the illness and serves other purposes.

Do you have them sign a declination form for the opt-out?

Yes. Most don't opt out though. And there isn't a "standard opt out form" so you would have to make one. I don't think the form is absolutely necessary because you can just document the pt declining in your note. The form just serves as CYA medicine.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Yes. Most don't opt out though. And there isn't a "standard opt out form" so you would have to make one. I don't think the form is absolutely necessary because you can just document the pt declining in your note. The form just serves as CYA medicine.

Archived