Inexpensive online masters?

Thanks! Yah, I had wanted to do the Nebraska but they doubled the price since last year. Touro looks interesting, I sent them an email. Don't know how Canadian-friendly they are.

touro is about 6900: http://www1.touro.edu/shs/pali/placement/

nebraska is about 11k: http://www.unmc.edu/alliedhealth/padao.htm

I did the nebraska program with an em emphasis in 1998. it cost 1800 dollars then. now a bit more spendy.

Guest Paula

I'm in the Touro Program now. I'll finish in August. When I started last year the tuition was $4500 so tuition has increased. It is self-paced and I like the flexibility it offers. You can PM me if you have questions.

Why the masters interest ? If it would not limit my practice opportunities ... and I wanted to increase my credentials ... I would consider an MBA or MPH in health mgmt. Could be a very lucrative move 10-15 years down the road. But yes a lot more expensive in the short run. Pace has a program as well. They are based in NYC

Why the masters interest ? If it would not limit my practice opportunities ... and I wanted to increase my credentials ... I would consider an MBA or MPH in health mgmt. Could be a very lucrative move 10-15 years down the road. But yes a lot more expensive in the short run. Pace has a program as well. They are based in NYC

Some positions are only posting for Masters level PA's, which in my opinion is nuts if you're truly interested in finding someone who has clinical acumen. You're excluding a large number of potentially more experienced clinical professionals since their program was BS only. I see this as being different from what the nurses have gone through with regard to certificate versus BSN training. In our situation I would argue that the training remains essentially unchanged; someone in turn finally woke up and realized that it should have been a Master's level degree to start with.

Some positions are only posting for Masters level PA's, which in my opinion is nuts if you're truly interested in finding someone who has clinical acumen. You're excluding a large number of potentially more experienced clinical professionals since their program was BS only. I see this as being different from what the nurses have gone through with regard to certificate versus BSN training. In our situation I would argue that the training remains essentially unchanged; someone in turn finally woke up and realized that it should have been a Master's level degree to start with.

Pretty much I was going to say...

If you're going to get a Maters level degree I would branch out to something that makes you more marketable. A Masters PA might get you into a job in the short term, but I think something like a MPH would provide you the same opportunity plus a better future should you decide not to practice clinical medicine down the road. It's what I plan on doing.

If you're going to get a Maters level degree I would branch out to something that makes you more marketable. A Masters PA might get you into a job in the short term, but I think something like a MPH would provide you the same opportunity plus a better future should you decide not to practice clinical medicine down the road. It's what I plan on doing.

Is there an online inexpensive one of those that I can do while working full time?

Is there an online inexpensive one of those that I can do while working full time?

Degree creep. Terrible idea. That's why, for many jobs(not PA), pay cannot get in line with the education expense. Degree creep will eventually turn higher ed into a poor choice, and that's a shame. Next up? Doctorate in PA studies. All of the expense of becoming an MD and 1/2 the pay.

Archived