Applying Question

So I have a question and figured I'd get y'alls opinion. So as I'm sure you know, CASPA opened April 17. I'm applying to 5 schools through CASPA, but the one school I really wanna go to doesnt go through CASPA and their applications don't open until July 1st. So I was wondering, should I hold applying to CASPA schools until July to make it easier on those submitting my LORs or do it at two different times? I don't want to hold my CASPA applications and have that affect my chances of getting in, but I want to make it as easy as possible for those submitting my LORs. Opinions?

What I would do is have the people doing your references save what they write and explain to them what is going on. I'm certain they will be willing to do that and it increases your chances of getting in if the school has rolling admissions (which I'm sure at least one of the those schools do). Also have them put it in letter form with your name which I'm sure won't be an issue. Then just contact them when it is time to submit.

It probably won't keep you from getting into schools if you are a strong applicant but yes with rolling admissions schools it is best to get your app in as soon as possible. Usually they offer interviews then on a rolling basis and those apps that come in later will have fewer seats left in the program they are competing for. I would have them put it in a sealed envelope with their signature over the seal and save it until it can be sent in.

Archived