HELP - job through agency/scout/hunter?

Hello

I am a new grad PA looking for an Ortho job. I have been on a few interviews so far directly though hospitals/clinics, but most recently i went to an interview that was at an agency? Not exactly sure what it is called but the people who work are basically scouts that try to find you a job.

I will not name the company but I would just like to know if anyone has experience with this?

I am sure that these companies do not work for free. So if i get a job will i be hired through them? or through the hospital/office they join me with? Will they be taking a part of my paycheck?

*sorry if this question was answered previously, i am new to the blog

I worked as an executive recruiter (in higher ed, not healthcare) for 5 years before PA school. You did not hire this agency, so you won't pay them anything- they are working for the healthcare system and will be paid by them for finding you. This should not affect your salary in any way. You will be an employee of the healthcare system, not the agency- unless this is a temp or temp-to-hire situation, in which case I would just talk to the recruiter that is working with you to get the details.

Archived