Re-App Essay

Hello,

I'm planning to reapply for the 2014 cycle as I am lingering on the wait list at a few schools. I am not sure the expectations of my personal statement as a reapplication. My desire to enter the

profession and general experience is still the same. I feel like I need to blend in so e justification for reapplying. Should I just add an explanatory paragraph or start totally from scratch? I feel like the overall message should be the same(why I want to be a PA, why I would excel in the profession etc).

Any thoughts or pointers for a re-app student???

Start from scratch... don't even look at the old one!!! Then look at the old one and see if there is anything that you missed or liked better the first time around and you can edit.

If you have nothing new to add to your application, I would get out there and volunteer or work or travel or something before you hit submit. If your reapplication is addressed at all in an interview it will be to ask how you are more prepared this time around.

As part of an admissions team, I intereviewed a guy who had been passed over the year before. He had taken that to heart and had matured. He was focused the second time. He had gone out and gotten more experience that was focused on what he wanted to do as a PA. Needless to say, he got in the second time.

Archived