Taking a year off a bad idea?

I'm currently finishing up my sophomore year at Quinnipiac. My cumulative GPA is 2.8 science 2.3 (did horrible in Chem1&2) and about 800 HCE. I really wanted to apply to the PA program by the end of my junior year but I have alot to make up. Wondering how much of a difference it would be if I waited until my senior year to apply? I've heard many people say its difficult to get back into school mode after having time off.

Don't waste your money on applying now when your stats aren't competitive. I had a 3.8 GPA and I still took a year off to get as much HCE as possible and make my application shine. It also helped me to save money for school..

couldn't agree more. i have a 3.7 and took a year off to gain hce, take the gre, and shadow physician assistants. i think you should focus on graduating with the highest gpa possible and take a year off to focus on every other aspect of your application. i think my sophomore year i had around a 3.2 and busted my a** to graduate with a 3.7

Archived