New to PA..Should I go forward or Look elsewhere?

Long story short i had a horrible first couple of years in school. Didn't know what i wanted to major in and just partied and was irresponsible.

Last year i have maintained a 3.5+ and am probably going to be hovering around a 3.0 GPA at graduation with near a 3.4-3.5 science gpa. Still have to take my GRE and although i do have medical experience(many volunteer hours with hospice; good shadowing opportunities, school orientation leaders at two major schools as well as honors club, etc..i am very skeptical

I hear everywhere that even below a 3.5 is not cutting it to go to PA school..Would i even have a shot in the dark with a 3.0? I had the opportunity to travel to different states and even countries before I was 21 so I don't mind getting up and moving if the opportunity presents itself. I saw some of the lower gpa stats of the applicants on that page and saw that at least most got in SOMEWHERE and was given a little ray of hope.

Say I applied to a dozen(lower tier) or schools that accepted a lot more students with sub par gpa's--with a 3.0, medical experience, leadership experience, etc..Do you all think I might have a shot at one school?

Thanks

with a gpa around 3 you generally need some high level, direct paid medical experience like paramedic, rn, rt, etc. for several thousand hrs.

volunteering doesn't cut it as experience at most places and for those that accept it they want to see you shine in other areas.

unlikely you will get a spot this round, sorry.

Archived