Submit before graduating or after?

I think I may of already asked this, but I have a question.

When the app opens April 17th. I can most likely submit everything given if I'm allowed to before I graduate May 9th. The reason why I ask is because if I submit after graduation my cGPA will drop by 3.7 to 3.6 and sGPA from 3.5 to 3.4 most likely.

I haven't taken the GRE, but I plan on doing so early June.

My plan is submit as soon as possible with my GPA not including my last semester if possible and to a few state schools that don't require the GRE, then later when I take the GRE add on more schools to apply too when I get my scores back? Is this doable?

or......will schools wonder why I didn't include my last semester grades when apps are even sent out till June or July so they'd expect my all my grades..I mean I don't mind too at the end of the day. .1 won't kill me, but was just curious

Your motivation to submit early should not be based on your desire to omit grades from your last semester. Schools will expect (and eventually require) you to submit these grades to them. Some schools may delay fully reviewing your application until these grades are received, especially if they include science or prereq classes. I would wait until you have your final grades and have taken the GRE. Submitting in July is not late.

i agree with every one else, wait until your grades are in and then submit because it will not be in your benefit to submit with your current grades as they will want to see your final grades..anyways submitting in june is typically considered submitting early.

also, a 3.6 or 3.7 isn't a huge difference compared to going from a 3.0 to 2.9 for example. I wouldn't worry about a drop like that unless you bombed an important class or had a huge downward trend in your last semester. If it's just an extra A-/B+ that's doing this to your GPA or something then I wouldn't worry about it, and they have good points that most schools want you to send your final grades before they make any decisions on interviewing you.

Archived