Old classes used to calculate GPA?

I began undergrad work in 2002 and finished in 2008 with a Bachelors. I am planning on applying for the 2014 cycle. I have a lot of undergrad credits including sciences that I took in 02. Are these used to calculate cumulative or can I retake my sciences for a better GPA. Is it CASPA or school dependant on what is/isnt used?

Thanks

You can retake your sciences for a better GPA, but both your old and new grades will be included in GPA calculations. If you get a C the first time, and an A the second time, you will have a 2.0 and 4.0 factored into your GPA, as opposed to just the 2.0 if you did not retake. GPAs are calculated by CASPA and are not school dependent. That being said, many schools will not accept science prereqs that are old (some schools it might be 5 years old, others 10). Thus, you might have to retake the classes anyways depending upon where you want to apply.

Archived