Taking the PANCE in a Week.....Unsure of Myself

Hey all!

I've been studying for about 2 months now. Here's what I've been doing:

- 3500+ questions total

- Step-Up to Medicine

- Van Rhees

- AAPA Book

- CMD&T for reference when I didn't understand something

I really feel like I'm working hard, but here are basically my scores on practice tests:

- 140s-150s on PACKRATS (took 5....pretty consistent)

- low 60s average on Exam Master

- high 50s average on Kaplan Qbank

- high 60s average on PA Easy

- First NCCPA practice exam: literally half green/half red (overall red proficiency)

- Second NCCPA practice exam: mostly green except 3 sections in red and 1 in yellow (overall green proficiency)

So I'm at a loss. I've been killing myself and I feel like I know the material, but the practice exams suggest otherwise.

Thoughts?

Hey all!

I've been studying for about 2 months now. Here's what I've been doing:

- 3500+ questions total

- Step-Up to Medicine

- Van Rhees

- AAPA Book

- CMD&T for reference when I didn't understand something

I really feel like I'm working hard, but here are basically my scores on practice tests:

- 140s-150s on PACKRATS (took 5....pretty consistent)

- low 60s average on Exam Master

- high 50s average on Kaplan Qbank

- high 60s average on PA Easy

- First NCCPA practice exam: literally half green/half red (overall red proficiency)

- Second NCCPA practice exam: mostly green except 3 sections in red and 1 in yellow (overall green proficiency)

So I'm at a loss. I've been killing myself and I feel like I know the material, but the practice exams suggest otherwise.

Thoughts?

• Administrator

Neither Exam Master nor PA Easy are good representatives of actual PANCE examinations: Exam Master is too hard/convoluted, and PA Easy is just plain *wrong* too much of the time. PACKRATS and NCCPA practice exams are your most realistic tools, in my experience, but I never used Kaplan Qbank.

Your second NCCPA practice exam sounds adequate, provided you paid attention to the sections that were red. If Cardiology was red... reschedule. If all the big sections of the test were green, you should be fine.

• Administrator

Neither Exam Master nor PA Easy are good representatives of actual PANCE examinations: Exam Master is too hard/convoluted, and PA Easy is just plain *wrong* too much of the time. PACKRATS and NCCPA practice exams are your most realistic tools, in my experience, but I never used Kaplan Qbank.

Your second NCCPA practice exam sounds adequate, provided you paid attention to the sections that were red. If Cardiology was red... reschedule. If all the big sections of the test were green, you should be fine.

I did. My reds were reproductive (which I've gone over considerably since then), ID, and clinical intervention. GI was yellow. Cardiology, Respiratory, and ENT were far into the green.

Thank you for the feedback! :)

I did. My reds were reproductive (which I've gone over considerably since then), ID, and clinical intervention. GI was yellow. Cardiology, Respiratory, and ENT were far into the green.

Thank you for the feedback! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm one of what seems very few proponents of exam master, used it almost exclusively for the PANCE (by making my own tests, system by system)... The questions are very tough, but IMO I'd rather have that than the other way around... And with the complexity of each question, one turns into five questions, was a good way to study I thought, was scoring mid 70's going into the PANCE and scored well on it, to each their own but was a way that I thought worked well, saw PAEasy and thought the questions were well too easy, Lange had wrong answers (outdated answers technically), good luck!

Archived