Scared and seeking advice

Long story short I fooled around during my undergrad due to my complete lack of maturity and knowing I had a job waiting for me at the end. Stupid yes and now my dreams of PA school may be shot. Currently I have a 3.1 overall and science gpa. All my pre-req grades are A's and B's which I'm very proud of and feel like growing and maturing even though I'm 24 helped me a lot. I've been planning on applying this cycle coming up but I've come to face reality and maybe should wait another year. Ill have over 1200 hours of working as a CNA in an acute setting, 120 hospital volunteer hours and 60 shadowing hours. I love working in healthcare and this I what I want more than anything but I guess I have to be realistic. Any thoughts on the situation? Thank you.

Apply and be sure to say all of this in your personal statement. I have almost no patient care hours, ~3.4 GPA, applied later, and I'm YOUNG (21 yrs) and I'm getting interviews everywhere I apply. It has to be my personal statement because I mention my various mission trips and HOW BADLY I want to become a PA...also my grades improved over time and I average a 3.8 over the past 3 semesters so they must be looking at that.

Everybody intimidates me but I'm glad I put some heart into my personal statement and it makes me feel good that PA schools take that into such a strong account!

APPLY!!

Archived