Integrative Medicine in PA School?

some programs touch on CAM(complementary and alternative med) interventions but I don't know any that have a specific course devoted to them.

In my DHSc program there is an intensive CAM course I am currently taking. it's a great course.

Rosalind has a CAM course. It's a class designed to provide exposure to some of the alternative treatments your patients will tell you they're using, so when you encounter them in the real world you'll have an idea of what it does and does not do to the human body. The instructor is a chiropractor and he brings in people who provide these services to real patients. Some classmates got acupuncture and cupping in class. We did a day on aromatherapy. Had a demonstration of myofascial release. A lecture on Reiki.

Some of it was really interesting. Some of it was weird. Some of it was nap time... sanctioned nap time.

Rosalind has a CAM course. It's a class designed to provide exposure to some of the alternative treatments your patients will tell you they're using, so when you encounter them in the real world you'll have an idea of what it does and does not do to the human body. The instructor is a chiropractor and he brings in people who provide these services to real patients. Some classmates got acupuncture and cupping in class. We did a day on aromatherapy. Had a demonstration of myofascial release. A lecture on Reiki.

Some of it was really interesting. Some of it was weird. Some of it was nap time... sanctioned nap time.

That sounds really neat and useful, wish my program had that! I'm on spring break in the PNW (aka naturopathic land) this wk and overheard a lady in the grocery store talking about drinking a gallon of water/day, her GI flora and how eating hot food kills them, and some herb she rubs on her feet to calm restless leg syndrome.

Hi, We had an Integrative Medicine Unit (Accupressure, accupuncture, ariveda, message, etc..). Several types of practitioners come in and share their specialty, types of patients to refer, services offer and the like. There is a rotation available in Integrative Medicine on Duke Campus's Integrative Medicine Department if requested as an elective.

Best

Archived