Panre Failure

Does anyone know what the pass/fail rates are for the Panre? After 18 years i have failed and this time I actually studied and attended the Chicago course. It seems to me that there are way to many people doing poorly to accurately depict the knowledge base of practicing PA's. Has anyone ever used a testing tutor for this exam? Im pretty sure my problem is test taking and not the actual information.

Thanks

I recently spoke with a Rep at NCCPA. He stated the overall pass rate for PANRE is 88%. He was unwilling or perhaps unable to state if that was for first attempt in the 6 year cycle or multiple attempts by an individual PA. For review, check out Brian Wallace's site http://www.physicianassistantexamreview.com. Its Free!! Also checkout the Hippo PA online course. Excellent!!

I just took the PANRE yesterday, March 2nd. I used the UMDNJ online course which I thought was excellent. I also used the paeasy.com question bank. I think I did fine. Doing lots of questions certainly helps. I think the paeasy.com questions prepared me well for the test. I hope that helps.

I have taken panre successfully on several occasions. I have used the following to study:

the emory course on CD

Primary care Secrets

Swanson's Family practice recertification review

For those in primary care or EM little study time is generally required to pass panre. the less of this type of work you do( the more subspecialty your practice), the more time you will need to devote to studying.

I did notice that a bunch of the PANRE questions seemed esoteric of not obtuse to me. This was my fourth time taking the exam and I don't recall the previous exam giving me this feeling.I consider myself to be a "generalist PA" and try to dabble in as many clinical areas as possible. One of my "Gray Haired PA" friends failed the exam this year and was floored by it. I don't know what to say except to me something seemed to be very odd about the test.

• 2 years later...

Any new experiences?  I passed the second of my 2 PANREs and did quite well on the second, which I credit my completion of the PharmD program at Idaho State's Non-traditional PharmD program (received my BS in Pharmacy in 1981 from Auburn University).

With the institution of the dumbing down of medicine with the enactment of UbamaCaide, I would expect recertifications to be easier in order to accommodate the reduction in PCPs.

I'm glad I recently obtained  a license in a new field.  Hope to get out of this crap ASAP.

Archived