What associate and bachelors degree?

Hey all,

Well I just started college last month and I want to work towards becoming a PA. My question is should I go for a AA with a health science pre-PA track? or is it better to go for a degree like medical lab sciences?

Will schools favor a pre-pa track degree or a science related?

I just started so im taking your basic speech, math, english classes so I have time to decide.

My original plan was (Associate) http://www.seminolestate.edu/catalog/programs/health/hlt-prclin/ Then going for

(Bachelor's) http://www2.cohpa.ucf.edu/health.pro/pre-clinical.shtml

Any advice is welcome!!!!!

When you start to apply, PA programs do not care if you are either pre-PA track or science related, as long as you fulfill all their pre-requisites. However, it will be shorter to pursue a bachelor degree that has those requirements also count as PA school pre-requisites. Make sure to get a lot of HCE hours as well ( shorter way as MA or EMT...).

Good luck.

Going "pre" anything (PA, med, law...) just means going further in debt and back to school if it turns out the original plan doesn't work out. Get a useful degree that you can fall back on if need be.

This! You can get into PA school regardless of what your degree is but don't spend all that time and money working towards nothing. Get a degree that will set you up to make a decent living and earn HCE(clin lab sci, RT, RN, EMT-P, etc.).

you are wrong about this, pretty short memory heh?

There is nothing wrong about what I said. Any degree can get someone into PA school as long as they have the necessary pre-reqs. Surely you should know this by now seeing as you are not new to the boards and are a PA student. I don't know what you're trying to prove but your nitpicking is just giving misinformation to pre-PAs.

There is nothing wrong about what I said. Any degree can get someone into PA school as long as they have the necessary pre-reqs.

Wrong again.

You need a health related degree to get into UC Davis.

Health related= biology etc.

English degree=not health related

So and so on, you get the point, or maybe you don't.

Being detail oriented is a virtue in medicine.

Do you tell the pharmacist that he's "nitpicking" when he calls you about an error on a script?

Wrong again.

Health related= biology etc.

English degree=not health related

So and so on, you get the point, or maybe you don't.

Being detail oriented is a virtue in medicine.

Do you tell the pharmacist that he's "nitpicking" when he calls you about an error on a script?

Why do you keep talking about about UC Davis specifically? Neither I nor the OP mentioned it. It is absolutely possible to get into most/nearly all PA schools with a non-health related degree.

Ahhh I remember you now. You were all kinds of crazy/trolling in this thread also.

Got my degree in communications emphasis in advertising. Then got an MBA emphasis in marketing. Didn't stop me from applying, getting multiple interviews and ultimately accepted into a PA program. Ill echo what was said above.. As long as you have a BA in any subject, good grades, and HCE you'll do fine. Although it would be smarter to get a BS in a healthcare field that will leave you with a trade allowing you to gain higher quality HCE and a good job when you graduate as a fall back plan and to make decent money in the meantime. Heck I know people who were plumbers, graphic designer, general contractor, worked in business, and engineers who all got into a program.

Why do you keep talking about about UC Davis specifically?

Let me run it down for you scooter since you are having a hard time comprehending.

You said

You can get into PA school regardless of what your degree is

I then replied

Not UC Davis, they require a health related field. Life Science.

Hint hint ^^^^^ that was the part about UC Davis

you spout

There is nothing wrong about what I said. Any degree can get someone into PA school as long as they have the necessary pre-reqs

I reiterated

you replied

It is absolutely possible to get into most/nearly all PA schools with a non-health related degree.

Bam you're finally right however you're wrong again...

You were all kinds of crazy/trolling in this thread also

As a regular member of this forum who helps pre PA's on an ongoing basis, I hardly fit the definition of a troll.

If your information was accurate, then you wouldn't be challenged.

Archived