What would you do?

Hi guys

I am applying to PA school this summer. I have over 2000 hours working as a physical therapy aide in a PT clinic that is part of a bigger medical organization. I am finishing my chem pre-reqs currently and have A's in my other pre-reqs except one...here I need help!!

I have been offered a volunteer MA position at a free clinic in San Francisco once a week. It is a coveted spot, and I have been waiting 6 months for one to open up. They have one time slot available. Here is my predicament. I took Physio over summer and online (w/ lab in person)...I receive a C. Semester just started and I am retaking it. However, it is at the same time as the volunteer spot. Which do I take?

I am getting married this summer and will be gone a few weeks, so I am not sure summer classes are an option. Of course, I will look into it further. I am so torn...this volunteer spot is huge for me. Thanks everyone for the advice.

So the lab and hce spot overlap......have you talked to the site to see if maybe someone would like to switch with you? I mean in the whole grand scheme of things, if your GPA is high and your scGPA is high as well, one C shouldnt hurt you so heres what I would do depending on the situation:

1. if you are still working in a HCE position and this one is just for some volunteer hours AND/OR they cant find someone to switch or compromise on the hours then I say keep working where you are and take the lab.

2.If you arent currently working , all the GPA stuff is as I stated above and you need the HCE for current hours then I would probably take my chances with the 1 C

3. No matter if youre currently working as a PTA or not, if both GPAs arent up to par then I would take the course and to hell with volunteer experience.

If a else fails and you cant decide, they do not have anyone that would switch shifts with you or whatever....you could always take the lecture again online and take the lab during the fall...there will probably be more sections to choose from...

Archived