Time

depends on how you handle yourself. if youre not good with time management/organization then you will feel overwhelmed and like you have no life except for school.

it also depends on how your curriculum is organized....last year (c/o 2013) we had a new curriculum and it was VERY heavy the first semester yet some people still managed to go out and have fun. this year though its a bit more balanced after the program made changes, so this class (c/o 2014), while still being stressed, didnt have to deal with the heaviness of the curriculum from last year. some programs are heavy the first semester, while some become heavy the second semester. how you handle that is all up to you

last thing it depends on are your study skills and how good your memory is and how quickly you pick things up. there are some people who read a couple times and are good to go. there are others that have to read, read and read again ..do flashcards then draw diagrams and then work in a study group. if it takes you a lot of time to grasp things, you will find yourself with less time than someone who just picks it up after hearing/reading it a few times. plus some people are just natural A chasers...they just have to have an A so they spend incredible amounts of time on material to get that A.

Not much at all. Organization is key. I didn't have good organization skills so I had no free time first semester. This next semester coming up I am going to make time. You have to or you will burn out quickly. You should count on having maybe friday night off but that's it. Don't go overboard on friday nights. You don't want to be hung over the next day when you have to study... :p

I would say I had 10 hours of "free time" each week but it certainly didn't feel like free time because it was the only time I was doing something other than studying, eating, or sleeping. It's not relaxing free time--it's like "OMG my brain is fried and I need to watch an hour of TV and have a beer right now or I'll explode".

If you are moving to a new city I would not focus on finding a cool neighborhood or anything like that because you honestly won't have the time to enjoy it as much as you'd probably like to.

I would say I had 10 hours of "free time" each week but it certainly didn't feel like free time because it was the only time I was doing something other than studying, eating, or sleeping. It's not relaxing free time--it's like "OMG my brain is fried and I need to watch an hour of TV and have a beer right now or I'll explode".

If you are moving to a new city I would not focus on finding a cool neighborhood or anything like that because you honestly won't have the time to enjoy it as much as you'd probably like to.

Haha winter break made me forget about this but I agree... a lot of your free time is spent napping/catching up on all that lost sleep.

Archived