Anchorage Jan 5 Interview- Get together?

Hello All! I will be flying in to ANC early (Jan 2)- to make sure I am not delayed by weather and village plane service. I will be staying at the Microtel Inn on Northwood (not as close to the University as some but much more reasonable!). I will have a rental car. I have heard it is very helpful to have a get-together the evening before so I wanted to start a thread to get some ideas....

I get around fair in ANC but I am not real familier with places that would fit our needs on a Friday night. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion?

Looking forward to it! But not just because it will be my first opportunity to actually shop in a store for the first time since September... :;-D: I am excited to get on with the process and to the next step! :=D:

Tracy

Tracy,

You sound great... Where exactly are you from? I won't be interviewing with you as I was an applicant to Tacoma until early this evening when I retrieved the mail and had a letter from MEDEX that said I would not be selected for an interview. Congrats on the interview and yes most definitely meeting with other applicants prior to the interview is a huge help. I interviewed last year and meeting the night before was very pleasant. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Travis

Hey Tracy,

Congrats on the interview invite. I will be there for the long exhausting day with you on the 5th. I currently live in Anchorage and would love to get together with everyone the night before. I could make some suggestions, but it all depends on what kind of scene you are interested in for this get together. So what village are you living in and what do you do out there as for a medical job? Look forward to meeting you and the rest of the interviewee's!

Jacob

Hey Travis and Jacob,

I am a Community Health Practitioner- the highest level of Community Health Aide. I am currently the only trained provider in my village clinic for a population of ~50-75 people- up to 500 in the summer depending on how many boats come fish here. I took this job almost 5 years ago as an adventure and it has been fun! I have learned alot, met a lot of wonderful people and worked with many awesome providers. This is the perfect job for anyone who wants to get great clinical experience!

Travis- Sorry you wont be joining us at the interview... hang int there- I hear they love re-applicants!

Jacob- I am open to suggestions but maybe we should get a little more input from others? I like a casual, quieter atmosphere... but I am open.

Tracy

Crazy.. my first choice was ANC and second was Seattle, but my invite state "Congratulations! You are invited to attend the January 15, 2013 Selection Conference for MEDEX Anchorage Class # 5." I am at a lost. I still would like to be part of the pre-selection's get together, if the invite for such is still open.

Alaska_PA- by all means! the more the merrier! I would still maybe double check with Mariah... just in case.... I know I would not be missing the local interview by an error..... :)

Unless I hear different by tomorrow afternoon maybe I will call Cattle Co. and make a MEDEX reservation for... 5:30 PM? Say for 8 people? Is that enough room we think?

Got an answer from Mariah on my dilemma. Due to limited time and seating in the ANC interviews, several ANC individuals are being invited to the Seattle interviews. Apparently I am one of those going to Seattle. Either way, ANC or SEA, I am excited to be invited and anxious to get going. What the status on a group get together?

Archived