Should I call the school I interviewed at?

I interviewed on Dec 6th. It went really well and they told me I would hear by Xmas. If accepted it comes via phone call. I am assuming if rejected it would come snail mail. I just got today's mail and no bad news. My question is, should I email them now asking my status? Should I wait til tomorrow's mail and if no bad news in it then call them tomorrow afternoon? Xmas is Tuesday, I am sure they won't be open on Xmas eve either, so it seems their last days to work before Xmas is December 21st......maybe they are waiting to see if the world doesn't end!!!:;;D:

I got a phone call from the program I was accepted to the night before Thanksgiving at 8PM. I would advise not calling them unless you haven't heard anything by the new year. It definitely won't sway the decision in your direction, but you could very well shoot yourself in the foot by seeming inpatient! The wait is the hardest part, but Christmas is just around the corner so you don't have too long to wait! Maybe they are saving the money on the long distance call until after they see if the Mayans were really onto something ;-)

Archived