Equipment bag recommendations

I got a tactical med pack or two I could sell you...

But honestly, given the limited number of supplies you'll carry, I would just get a good backpack (North Face) or a gym type bag (UA). Don't think you really need anything big or extravagant, do you? If you really are set on a med pack type set up, you can always check Ebay. There is usually a decent selection on there (BDS, Blackhawk, Voodoo, 5.11), you just gotta keep an eye out.

I have one like this I like. http://www.amazon.com/ADC-1024N-Nylon-Medical-Bag/dp/B000QV1E4O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1356137763&sr=8-4&keywords=nurse+bag

In my class, though, everyone has something different. Some just use their backpacks, there are a couple of medic bags, one person has a neat vintage bag, and someone else has a plastic storage bin. Whatever is easiest for you to carry around.

Several people in our class have bought small tool bags at the Orange or Blue home improvement stores. They're just right for a steth, sphygmo, diagnostic set and forks. I got mine for about $9.

But if you're concerned about how it looks in your car during rotations, I'd follow the above Coach link.

Does anyone have any recommendations for equipment bags? I know it isn't required, but I like keeping my supplies in one place and organized. I'm hoping to buy one that I can also use for clinical rotations.

FYI, most of the nurses in my ER laugh and snicker derisively at the "doctor bags."

They think it's a tad pompous.

Backpacks tend to fly under the radar.

I think I'll go with something like l.a. Lewis suggested. I have an aid bag that I used in Iraq but its pretty large and I'm sure I won't need something with that much storage, plus I like to keep it in the back of my jeep since I still have a lot of supplies that occasionally come in handy. It's not that I'm OCD as much as I function best when I can easily find my gear.

I appreciate the suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any suggestions on oto-opto. scopes? The one recommended by the program is $550 base price!

Use whichever one you want and feel comfortable with. Some of us have pricey Welch Allyns, some of us have $80 sets. They all work just fine for what we need them to. Also, look around...I got mine for much cheaper than their listed price.

Archived