Smart plan or stupid plan - (HCE & applying)?

In cautious preparation that I don't get into schools that I applied to this cycle I will be going to EMT school and working less than part time as a scribe, I also volunteer in the ER. I have shadow hours and some HCE in a physical therapy clinic. With that said it isn't a lot of hours to my application....

As the new CASPA opens in spring I am debating on whether or not I should apply again right away OR if I should just spend the next year hitting the HCE hours hard so that it isn't an issue whatsoever if I were to apply in the spring of 2014. Would I be wasting a year? I know many of you have probably experienced this or are curious yourself.

If the programs you are applying to require a certain number of hours....get them then apply. If they don't, you are more than welcome to take your chances afterall, you may get in and if you dont, then you can always follow up with those programs and get advice on how to make your application stronger

Why should it?

If you apply to a program more than once and your app keeps getting better based on advice that they are giving you then it shows dedication

Programs in general do not know how many times youve gone around the block unless you told them or youre applying to them and again it shows dedication if you keep applying to the same place--shows you really want in their program and the profession in general.

You look bad when you apply to the same program over and over with a piss poor app that never gets better and lackluster interview skills.

Programs know there are way more applicants than seats so they expect that their will be reapplicants, but they also expect reapplicants to get better

Archived