Pace: Class of 2015

I was very impressed with the program during the interview session. The access to all of the amazing hospitals in the city was a huge pull for me. They have so many connections for the second year rotations at tons of local hospitals. Their new lab was also very impressive, with the multiple simulated patients. Also, I've grown up going into the city all the time so I love it there and feel comfortable there. It is also only an hour and a half from home-easy train ride away. I'll probably be looking at apartments somewhere downtown-midtown, preferably east side, or Brooklyn. For me, it just seems to click. :) Good luck with your decision and I hope to maybe see you in July!~Amy

Thanks arosentel! Right now I am definitely leaning towards Pace for many of the reasons you mentioned. Although I would be coming from about 40 minutes north of Boston.... a bit farther than you guys and I have actually only been to NYC twice! Moving to NYC seems scary and intimidating but also exciting! Anybody else in this kind of situation?

@bove83 ~ I grew up in Minnesota and am currently living in Memphis, Tennessee. I am coming from very far! Since I've moved across the country once already in my life, it doesn't seem as intimidating to me. Just know that it will take a little time, but you'll quickly make friends and become familiar with your surroundings :)

Thanks arosentel! Right now I am definitely leaning towards Pace for many of the reasons you mentioned. Although I would be coming from about 40 minutes north of Boston.... a bit farther than you guys and I have actually only been to NYC twice! Moving to NYC seems scary and intimidating but also exciting! Anybody else in this kind of situation?

I've paid the deposit, and I'm coming from the greater Boston area as well!

Hi everyone! Looking forward to getting to know you all come July as we embark on this journey toward becoming PAs together! I've started looking into apartments in Brooklyn! Also, I'm going to call admissions and ask if hey have a particular way they want the facebook group set up. We ran into that in undergrad with some things, so that'll be up soon. I couldn't find one yet for 2015, only 2014. Really, so excited to start!

Hey all, so happy to have found this thread! I just submitted my deposit so count me in! I'll also be coming from CT... @arosentel, I'm currently in Southbury so just down the road from Sandy Hook... we should meet for a drink sometime. Wouldn't hurt to have a friendly, familiar face on the crowd come July!

Keep us posted if any of you find/establish a facebook page. I think it'll be helpful to have a forum to start sharing living situation resources, etc. NYC apartment hunting can be slightly soul-destroying (I've done it more times than I can count), but with a little info sharing between us hopefully we can make it as painless as possible. :-) And with a place like NYC, it's totally worth it.

I'm so excited about 2013! Happy New Year!

Archived