To current/past Emory PA students...

What does a typical week look like as an Emory PA student? Lots of lectures, small group work, etc? What do you like most/least about the program?

I would really appreciate any info on what it's like to be a PA student @ Emory!

Thanks so much,

-E

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I am a first year PA student and really enjoying it. For us, the typical week during the first few months included lecture 5 days a week from 9am-2pm, followed by a few hours of anatomy lab. If you are dissecting that week, you're in lab all afternoon. If you're not dissecting, then you have the afternoon to yourself to study as you see fit. Once the system-based modules start in late fall/early winter, class is pretty much 9-5 every day with scattered patient encounters and other things that mix it up a bit so you're not sitting in class the entire time. I think there may be a few scheduling changes to try to make it better, so you might experience something a little different. It's definitely a very manageable schedule, but your time management skills will be your best friend! Hope this helps. Good luck!

Archived