Options for scholarships and financial aid 2013 / 2014 (Any Advice ?)

Hello all,

I'm a prospective student for either a fall 2013 or spring 2014 matriculation. I have not yet been accepted to a program, and am curious about opportunities might be out there for scholarships and financial aid.

I have heard a little about NHSC and about Military scholarships, could anybody elaborate on the process?

-How might I apply?

-How soon?

-What's the commitment?

-What are my chances? (what are they looking for?)

I'm finishing polishing my caspa narrative, and submitting this Friday. Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated!

-Ken

http://www.napasite.net/Students

Browse around this website a bit. The link I provided will take you to the page regarding HPSP & HCSP (one is Navy specific, the other is military wide). Also, I'd recommend going into the military section of the forum and asking around. I know there are a few guys over there that have used the schollies and would definitely be able to answer some of your questions better. Don't hesitate to call around to a few officer recruiters and ask some questions as well. I'm sure there are other non-military options out there, ie working in a rural under-served hospital for x number of years.

Archived