Graduating PA school debt-free?

Hey guys, so I'm currently in my undergraduate year (senior soon), and applying to PA school next month.

Currently debt-free as an undergraduate from going to community college, becoming a PTA and working during college.

I've stayed debt-free by cutting my expenses (budgeting), applying for scholarships constantly (1/week - at least I try 😬), and keeping my grades up (academic scholarships).

I plan to graduate PA school debt-free through similar scholarships (NHSC, PA Foundation, Catalyst), but of course, all depends on actually receiving the scholarships or not.

Do any PA/PA students have any tips/advice on how they got through PA school if they graduated without or low debt, or know someone who did it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My YouTube video with my experiencing going through undergraduate debt-free and how I plan to go through PA school debt-free is on my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYwrlY9xzcLxTfkqDr1SYIQ

I attended a part time program. There are still several out there. The first yr is done over 2 years and the second year is a full time 3rd yr. I worked 30 hrs/week as a medic yr one and 2 and did event standbys year 3. It helped that I had a working spouse and no kids at the time as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EMEDPA said:

I attended a part time program. There are still several out there. The first yr is done over 2 years and the second year is a full time 3rd yr. I worked 30 hrs/week as a medic yr one and 2 and did event standbys year 3. It helped that I had a working spouse and no kids at the time as well.

I never really thought of this or have heard of this (part-time programs), really interesting. I guess the downside is the extra time of course, which is made up for anyway with not worrying about paying off debt years after graduating. Thank you for the tip, really appreciate it.

35 minutes ago, ChristianPrePA said:

I never really thought of this or have heard of this (part-time programs), really interesting. I guess the downside is the extra time of course, which is made up for anyway with not worrying about paying off debt years after graduating. Thank you for the tip, really appreciate it.

Also learning material for 3 courses at a time instead of 6 means you can actually do all the reading and absorb the material better. The part time members of my class graduated 1-3 in a class of 80.

• Like 1