PSLF being cancelled?

From WCI  (if you don't follow WCI, then you really, really, really should).

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/pslf-canceled/?utm_source=convertkit&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PSLF Canceled! - 13500958

Looks like very good chance that PSLF will be cancelled within 60 days for people making >$100K/year.  I don't know if that is gross, net, taxable, MAGI, or other adjustments. 

This will be devastating to many PAs, especially those who have purposefully taken jobs in areas they didn't want, didn't refinance their student loans when rates were low, and have only made the minimum payments - - - all with the goal of qualifying for PSLF.

I have never recommended anyone take the PSLF for this reason.  What the guv'ment gives, the guv'ment can take away.  Looks like there is a good chance the rug will be pulled out quickly.

BTW -this is the best one yet!

Edited by Boatswain2PA
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

We can't get out of our own way in this country. The whole point was to draw people into hard to fill jobs they might not otherwise take. Oy.

On the other hand, we are asking plumbers, teachers, electricians, and secretaries to pay taxes to pay for the student loans of people making six-figure-plus incomes.

1 hour ago, sas5814 said:

We can't get out of our own way in this country. The whole point was to draw people into hard to fill jobs they might not otherwise take. Oy.

Yep, I have two PA friends utilizing this and they are NOT in rural areas nor hard-to-fill roles... One has a similar amount of debt to that of a surgeon from two graduate degrees.

4 hours ago, SedRate said:

I took it as him saying it was the best article on WCI yet cuz Boats doesn't usually joke about debt. But I could be wrong. 

On the very bottom! "What do you think? Were you counting on PSLF? Do you think this is good policy or bad policy? What's your heart rate after reading this post? What's today's date? How else are you celebrating April Fool's Day? Comment below!" 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FuturePA232 said:

On the very bottom! "What do you think? Were you counting on PSLF? Do you think this is good policy or bad policy? What's your heart rate after reading this post? What's today's date? How else are you celebrating April Fool's Day? Comment below!" 

OH! I got got.

• Haha 1