LSU - NO Class of 2015

I've been in contact with them. The due date for the app is November 1st, but I think that just means your CASPA has to be marked "complete" by then. From what I've been able to gather talking to them, they have been looking at applications throughout the month of October as they come in, and they are going to start sending out interview invitations shortly after November 1st, so no, they haven't started to fill their class yet. The person I spoke with said there was alot of interest in the program, though, and that they're getting alot of applications. That made me nervous, but here's to hoping I get a spot!

Thanks for sharing your information! I can't believe they haven't started sending out any interview invites yet with the program starting in just a couple of months! Although I know that is just how it usually goes with programs when they first get their provisional accreditation. Best of luck!

It is for January of 2014

I don't think this is correct. I've been on the phone with them repeatedly for the last few months, and they have told me they will be starting classes in January of 2013.

prepalj: I know, everyone I've talked to has lamented that the application process is so very short, since they just got provisionally approved at the start of October. At least it definitely won't be long now before we get word, unlike the months of waiting it seems like other schools put you through. Did you apply with LSU NOLA?

Wow, congratulations! If you don't mind me asking (and feel free to decline to answer whatever you don't want to):

What kind of stats do you have?

Are you in-state?

Was your CASPA mailed to them by the deadline, or just marked "complete"?

Did you get an automated mass-email or just a personal one?

Thanks, I'm trying to stay positive, and hopefully I'll be posting on here soon that I got an email too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stephanie, I am an in-state applicant, and my CASPA was mailed by the deadline. I'm not sure if my email was the same as the one sent to others who received an invitation to interview. I do know that they are doing interviews through tomorrow and mailing letters shortly thereafter, although I'm not exactly sure when. I will be crossing my fingers and saying my prayers until then. Best of luck everyone =]

I dont know if it is just me, but I thought this program was suppose to start in 2015. I just found out today that my friend has an interview there this week and I hate that i missed the deadline to apply. It was posted to CASPA Oct 2 and the deadline was Nov. 1, I just feel like that was not enough time for applicants to even know about applying much less actually getting of their information sent to them.

I hope they consider extending the deadline, but I was told their class starts Jan 8.

I was accepted into the first class as well! I don't know about the other 2 posters on here that were accepted but my interview process was very strange. They only asked me one question then told me about the program the rest of the time, seemed like they had their mind made up already!

I am an in state applicant with a bachelors in nutrition from LSU. My grades were nothing special but the director commented on my patient experience and shadowing experience a few times in the interview. I had about 250 shadowing hours in various specialties and worked as a MA in an orthopedic clinic. I have also been working at Pennington Biomedical Research Center full time for the past 6 months (4 years total with student and transient positions). So I think my experience balanced out my average/below average GPA and GRE. Hope that helps and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived