Jobs after residency

• 3 months later...

I know your area intimately. You could easily pull down 150k at a rural ED in that area, and probably 190k+ after residency with some leg work. That’s not going to happen at your bigger hospitals in your area, but rural solo EDs will see your value. Also could easily pull more than this in other states, but the cost of living will probably be higher. Residency gets you the job you want wherever you want, but you’ll either sacrifice pay or autonomy still if you choose a highly desirable area like say Denver Colorado or ATL Georgia. Contact me and I can point you in some directions if you want more rural work. Doesn’t necessarily mean you have to live there. I do 24-48 hour shifts and commute to my jobs.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

I know your area intimately. You could easily pull down 150k at a rural ED in that area, and probably 190k+ after residency with some leg work. That’s not going to happen at your bigger hospitals in your area, but rural solo EDs will see your value. Also could easily pull more than this in other states, but the cost of living will probably be higher. Residency gets you the job you want wherever you want, but you’ll either sacrifice pay or autonomy still if you choose a highly desirable area like say Denver Colorado or ATL Georgia. Contact me and I can point you in some directions if you want more rural work. Doesn’t necessarily mean you have to live there. I do 24-48 hour shifts and commute to my jobs.

I also commute. 2 hrs to my primary job, 1.5 hrs to my secondary job and 3 hrs to my per diem job. typically 186-198 hrs/mo, but can be much higher if I pick up another shift or two. The autonomy is worth the drive. Also much better pay than urban EDs, which would significantly limit my scope of practice. 

PM me if interested in a very rural job in WA. Solo coverage. Pays $120/hr. 12 and 24 hr shifts available. This is a place I used to work. typical volume around 15-20/24 hrs. The drive was my main issue, not the job itself, which was kind of fun. back to back codes, delivering babies, wild trauma, etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EMEDPA said:

I also commute. 2 hrs to my primary job, 1.5 hrs to my secondary job and 3 hrs to my per diem job. typically 186-198 hrs/mo, but can be much higher if I pick up another shift or two. The autonomy is worth the drive. Also much better pay than urban EDs, which would significantly limit my scope of practice. 

PM me if interested in a very rural job in WA. Solo coverage. Pays $120/hr. 12 and 24 hr shifts available. This is a place I used to work. typical volume around 15-20/24 hrs. The drive was my main issue, not the job itself, which was kind of fun. back to back codes, delivering babies, wild trauma, etc

Current student but man do I wish I was graduating soon. This sounds like my dream job

2 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

Boy that sure is tempting to live in WA and have a great job with good pay. Wouldn't happen to get a pension would ya? I've got those golden handcuffs here

On 4/30/2024 at 10:33 PM, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

Boy that sure is tempting to live in WA and have a great job with good pay. Wouldn't happen to get a pension would ya? I've got those golden handcuffs here

I was only ever per diem there, but I believe full time employees do get retirement in the form of a 401k. 

I do get a pension at my current full time job if I stay 4 more years(min 5). 

• Like 1