2023-2024 Application Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 5:29 PM, MAstudent said:

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? Also does anyone know if they will look at applications without GRE scores uploaded yet?

They are still going to be interviewing. You can email them regarding the GRE scores. They are very responsive. The email address is pastudies@lean.edu.

Edited by Ariella
Typo: pastudies@kean.edu

On 3/4/2024 at 10:19 AM, MAstudent said:

May I ask what your stats are? Im still hoping for an interview soon when did you submit?

I have a 4.0, graduated from Kean in 2020, and have been a paramedic for 20 years. I applied on January 31st. I cant remember my GRE stats, TBH, but I did really well on the language or whatever it is, pretty well on math, and terribly on the written. I totally tanked the interview today, unfortunately, so im not too hopeful. I've been sick, and I wasn't even close to 100%. Hoping for the best, though. Good luck to you!

6 hours ago, Ariella said:

I have a 4.0, graduated from Kean in 2020, and have been a paramedic for 20 years. I applied on January 31st. I cant remember my GRE stats, TBH, but I did really well on the language or whatever it is, pretty well on math, and terribly on the written. I totally tanked the interview today, unfortunately, so im not too hopeful. I've been sick, and I wasn't even close to 100%. Hoping for the best, though. Good luck to you!

Awww I’m sorry to hear that! Don’t lose hope; I’ve had a friend think they did bad on their interview and they ended up getting accepted. Have faith ❤️ What was your prompt like?

12 hours ago, primordial said:

Awww I’m sorry to hear that! Don’t lose hope; I’ve had a friend think they did bad on their interview and they ended up getting accepted. Have faith ❤️ What was your prompt like?

I was not accepted. I had a feeling. The interview went really really badly. I'm devastated. I was not even wait listed.

Just now, Ariella said:

I was not accepted. I had a feeling. The interview went really really badly. I'm devastated. I was not even wait listed.

I’m sorry to hear that… I know it’s no consolation, but there’s always next cycle. Don’t give up, email them on what you think you can improve on, and go from there. This is my first cycle, and I’m just taking it day by day and preparing for whatever the outcome might be. I’m sorry things did not work out in your favor, was Kean the only school you applied to? 

7 minutes ago, primordial said:

I’m sorry to hear that… I know it’s no consolation, but there’s always next cycle. Don’t give up, email them on what you think you can improve on, and go from there. This is my first cycle, and I’m just taking it day by day and preparing for whatever the outcome might be. I’m sorry things did not work out in your favor, was Kean the only school you applied to? 

Unfortunately, this is my only cycle. My prerequisites are expiring. And Kean is the only feasible school for me to really go to, due to location. So this is likely the end of the road for me. Oh well. Good luck to everyone else applying.

Just now, Ariella said:

Unfortunately, this is my only cycle. My prerequisites are expiring. And Kean is the only feasible school for me to really go to, due to location. So this is likely the end of the road for me. Oh well. Good luck to everyone else applying.

Please talk to the program before giving up. I am a current Kean student, and one of the faculty answered a Q&A about the expiration of prerequisites. It’s currently 7, but they’re in talks about changing it to 10 years instead for the future cycles. If this change is in progress now, that could change your situation. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know when they have to fill their class by and how they rank their waitlist? praying for a miracle. I was thinking about emailing and asking but i'm not sure if that's appropriate. 

Edited by paris7

On 3/15/2024 at 11:56 AM, paris7 said:

Does anyone know when they have to fill their class by and how they rank their waitlist? praying for a miracle. I was thinking about emailing and asking but i'm not sure if that's appropriate. 

I am not sure it seems like they are still interviewing since I got an invitation 2 weeks ago. I believe after all interviews they then look at waitlists? Have you been interviewed yet?

On 3/12/2024 at 9:12 PM, Ariella said:

I am so sorry to hear that maybe you could email them and explain you were sick and not feeling 100% How was the interview if you dont mind me asking? Were the questions reasonable?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...