Assumption 2023-2024

On 6/20/2023 at 12:03 PM, FMA2023 said:

I applied and actually just got an email inviting me to interview in July! Their website says that they should know whether they got accredited after the ARC-PA meets in June 2023. The program looks awesome!

That’s awesome! I hope I hear soon. Haven’t gotten to take the CASPER exam yet so I’m wondering if that’s causing my application to not get fully reviewed yet. Anyways, best of luck!

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 12:03 PM, FMA2023 said:

I applied and actually just got an email inviting me to interview in July! Their website says that they should know whether they got accredited after the ARC-PA meets in June 2023. The program looks awesome!

Just got word that I also got an interview! I will be there 7/17!!!!! Super pumped. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, azh59 said:

did they say anything about accreditation?

no - in the interview they just said they were waiting to hear and it could be any day now. Not sure if they will find out before ARC-PA publishes the report but previous June meetings have published reports anywhere from July - mid Sept.

https://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation/accreditation-actions/#

A waiting game...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got an interview for 9/25, the email had this message: 

We would like to provide you an update regarding our ARC-PA accreditation status.  On July 28, 2023, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) notified Assumption University of its decision to withhold provisional accreditation from the Assumption University PA Program.  The University respectfully disagrees with the ARC-PA’s decision to withhold accreditation and is appealing the ARC-PA’s adverse action.  On Monday, August 7, 2023, Assumption University provided ARC-PA with its written request for appeal of the adverse action and filed its appeal notice on August 28, 2023.  While we cannot guarantee the timing of the ARC-PA’s response, we anticipate a response to that appeal in late October or early November.  If the ARC-PA reverses its decision to withhold provisional accreditation, we plan to begin classes in January 2024 as initially scheduled.  We want you to know that the University remains committed to enrolling our inaugural class of qualified PA students.  We continue to believe our PA Program is ready and able to provide our entering class with an excellent education.  Know that we are continuing to work diligently so that we are able to launch our PA Program as planned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KellyYe said:

Got an interview for 9/25, the email had this message: 

We would like to provide you an update regarding our ARC-PA accreditation status.  On July 28, 2023, the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) notified Assumption University of its decision to withhold provisional accreditation from the Assumption University PA Program.  The University respectfully disagrees with the ARC-PA’s decision to withhold accreditation and is appealing the ARC-PA’s adverse action.  On Monday, August 7, 2023, Assumption University provided ARC-PA with its written request for appeal of the adverse action and filed its appeal notice on August 28, 2023.  While we cannot guarantee the timing of the ARC-PA’s response, we anticipate a response to that appeal in late October or early November.  If the ARC-PA reverses its decision to withhold provisional accreditation, we plan to begin classes in January 2024 as initially scheduled.  We want you to know that the University remains committed to enrolling our inaugural class of qualified PA students.  We continue to believe our PA Program is ready and able to provide our entering class with an excellent education.  Know that we are continuing to work diligently so that we are able to launch our PA Program as planned.

may you share when you applied, got verified, got invite etc?

7 hours ago, Cp1563 said:

Does anyone know why the accreditation was withheld? 

no. I was apart of the first interview group (7/17) and all of the faculty and staff we met with was extremely confident that they would get accredited... We received the same information that was posted above ^ in an email a few weeks prior... 

at this point just another waiting game. Such a bummer. The program seemed like it was extremely well put together when I had my interview though, I really liked it! I'm sure more information will be released soon once they hear back from the ARC-PA though.

Got an interview invite email today for 9/25. They are still not accredited though. They stated in the email that they submitted a request for appeal for not getting the accreditation. Not sure why they wouldn’t get it. Hopefully it’s just a small hiccup. The staff that is there now came from Bryant University so they are not new to a PA program and how it functions. 

My CASPA application was verified 6/22. I took my CASPR test 7/9. Hope this helps! 

• 2 weeks later...